Saturday, May 23, 2015

My Gear List





I just completed my first backpacking trip! I plan on putting up trail pics later but I wanted to get my gear list down on "paper" for future trips.  I hiked with my husband so between the two of us we were able to keep our packs at 20 lbs each.  Oh, and it's important to note that this was for a 3 day/2 night trip.

Backpack - Teton sports scout 3400 


Bear canister - Bear vault BV500

Food - Mountain House meals for breakfast and dinner.  Granola and jerky throughout the day. Plus Propel and Starbucks Via coffee packets and cream.

Water bottle - Powerade bottle.



Toiletry bag- deodorant, panty liners, feminine wipes, ziplock for trash.

Pee cup - a plastic peanut butter jar for middle of the night urges. 

Dry pouch for phone, ID, and cash - Outdoor products dry pouch

Hand sanitizer

Knife
 
Lighter


Extra set of clothes- shirt, leggings, socks, underwear. Anything non-cotton works. 

River sandals - Teva hurricane xlt sandals


Bandana - tied on to my trekking pole Stevie Nicks style.

So that's my pack! Phillip carried his sleeping bag, water bottle, clothes, first aid, and our awesome tent that held up during 2 nights of torrential downpours.  I'll get a complete list of his gear up soon.





Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!