Monday, July 20, 2009

Odds And Ends

We had a pretty busy weekend. We spent Friday and Saturday with WD's parents and visiting his grandma in the hospital. The boys discovered a magical place called The Snack Bar where animal crackers and Pepsi are dispensed with the touch of button. It was a wondrous thing.

The day before that, I had taken Little pup to the doctor for his Kindergarten check up. During the day leading up to his appointment, he kept asking if he was going to get a shot. I told him no, that the doctor wanted to look in his ears and mouth and listen to his heart. I left out the part where he would have to get his finger pricked and the blood squeezed out of it. He whimpered a bit when that happened but a sucker and a Scooby Doo sticker made up for it. BUT I still need to take him to the health clinic to update his vaccinations. I think that's gonna cost me more than candy and a sticker, though.

Yesterday I made the Neely's Sock It To Me Cake. Yum. Blog post and picture coming soon.

That was my weekend--hope you guys had a great one!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. Poor Little pup! Can't wait for the cake pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We had a great weekend!

    Good luck with the shot bribe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the cake? I want a piece!

    Just stopped by to say
    :o) Hope you had a Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes taking kids to the doctor's office can be so painful...for us moms! It's heartbreaking them go through that stuff.

    Can't wait to hear about the cake and see the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!