Thursday, October 15, 2009

Green Stuff

I think the correct name of this popular dish is called Green Jello Cottage Cheese Pineapple Salad. My family has always called it green stuff. It's one of those recipes where the ingredient list leaves you questioning if it's going to be edible. And it is. Trust me, it's delicious. My mom and grandma eat it as a side dish, my sister saves it for dessert and I think I could it eat as the main meal.

1 lb cottage cheese
1 3 oz pkg lime jello
1 6 oz can crushed pineapple
1 8 oz container whipped topping

Mix cottage cheese and jello together. Add pineapple and stir. Fold in whipped topping and store in fridge.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

  1. You mean I'm not supposed to eat the whole bowl for breakfast???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen anything like that! I am not sure I'd be brave enough to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has all the things I love in it! I think I'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We called it pink salad because we used strawberry/banana jello not lime. we are now using another red jello, cranberry maybe? Can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew such a dish existed. I would try if it were served but I am questioning whether I would ever be the one serving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! This would be great to serve at a Halloween party as green slime or something. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm not going to lie... i have no intention of ever trying that. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of "gator salad" my grandma used to make only slightly different. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dish is ALIEN....serve that on mars and venus...in utar our mormon jello concoctions are famous

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh oh oh p.s. i almost thouht your razorbacks would upset florida the nmumber 1 team in the whole world...watched the whole game cause utar and byu are not on my santa's good kid list, but alas at the end with just seconds pulled it out

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use to make that all of the time but used orange jello....guess mine is called that orange stuff/ha
    It is very good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mother always made "Green Stuff" but I lost her recipe. Every recipe I see has weird stuff in it like carrots....She did not put whip cream in it either. It was cottage cheese, pineapple, pecans, lime jello and marshmallows (melted). I hope to find her recipe someday. There was a certain way to add the ingredients and melt the marshmallows but I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!