Thursday, October 22, 2009

Party Pupcakes

I always try and do a little something for my dogs whenever they have a birthday. And despite Lexie's showdowns with snakes, cats, possums, skunks and a nasty infection that left her unable to see out her right eye, she made it to her 10 birthday this month. To celebrate I whipped up a batch of Party Pupcakes. They're made with apple, oatmeal, cheddar and yogurt and all the dogs loved them. Even my youngest son--he had 2 of them!

Party Pupcakes (original recipe from Bullwrinkle.com)

1 large apple (minced)
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 eggs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Frosting:
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons flour
bacon, for garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix flour, oatmeal, baking powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
Mix yogurt, water, oil, honey and eggs. Stir in apple and cheese.
Add flour mixture and stir together.
Spoon into muffin tins lined with cupcake liners.
Bake 20 min.
Allow to cool, then top with frosting and crumbled bacon.






Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

  1. What a great idea! MY dog would love that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great for the pooches! Happy Bday to your furbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to have been there!Lexi is just precious! The cup cakes sound delicious too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! Kane just had his 9th B-day on Sat. and we got him a special bone and Will wrapped it for him, he would like these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice looking cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally NOT letting my cat see this post! You know what he'd expect next year...

    I'm sending this recipe over to my sister. She just got a puppy. She'll be needing it for her 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea! Your dogs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great idea! I am going to do this for my dogs.

    (following you now!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sounds SO good. We always celebrated our pups bdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious! I might have to make that recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun blog. My St. Bernard would probably love treats like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I first saw the pic I thought....is that BAAAACON? lol. What a cute and yummy idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!