Thursday, September 9, 2010

Curried Carrot Soup

I'm so glad it's September. I can start posting soup recipes again! Both my husband and I love soup and we gladly have it during the heat of summer. I know some folks can't take that sort of craziness so I've been patiently waiting to post this recipe from Rachael Ray. A lot of Rachael's recipes have me shaking my head sometimes (remember when she cut up hot dogs and mixed it with ground beef and made burgers? Ewwww.) but this one is a keeper. It's so creamy and curry-y and perfect for anytime of the year if you ask me.

Curried Carrot Soup (adapted from Rachael Ray)

1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
2 TBS butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 lbs packaged baby carrots
6 cups chicken stock, divided use
1 1/2 TBS curry powder
1 tsp salt
1 can coconut milk
sour cream, optional

Preheat medium pot over medium high heat. Add olive oil, butter, onions and carrots and saute 5 minutes. Add 4 cups chicken stock, curry and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover and cook until carrots are very tender, about 15 minutes. Add coconut milk and process the soup in a blender or food processor. Return the soup to the pot and heat through. Add more stock if you want a thinner consistency. Ladle into individual bowls and top with sour cream.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I've had anything with curry in it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I like curry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe it is better than taco soup or worese than taco soup>>>>and angie if you weren't {probably married by now} i would sweep you off to the canals of amsterdam holland for some curried dishes on the boardwalks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. That looks really yum. I love soup, and I love recipes for soup. I just need to be motivated to MAKE some. I've just become your 200th follower, by the way! :) Looking forward to sharing some soup with you this fall/winter. ;>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!