Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's Growing


We've had some much needed rain this week and I hope we have more to come.  In this drought I've managed to keep a few things growing like my crepe myrtles and vincas.  I don't know why I bother with anything other than vincas, I ended up killing my impatiens this year but I always have good luck with vincas.  We are having good luck with tomatoes this year, too.  As a matter of fact, those plants provided our dinner tonight--roasted tomato soup.  Thankfully, we've only seen one hornworm in the garden and plucked him off the plant before he was able to do much damage.  The basil is growing nicely, too.  If only I'd make myself get out there and harvest it.  I hope your garden is growing, too! 

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I gave up on my basil. I have one tomato that looks good, only because of luck and not anything I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have left your basil in bunches and looked online to learn how to cut them back. Give it another try next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!