Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Open!

There's a roadside shaved ice stand in my hometown that has the best shaved ice in the whole entire universe. And as of this past weekend it is now officially open for the summer! Although we refer to them as snow cones, they're not snow cones at all. Nope. No granular balls of ice that end up as one big ice cube here. Shaved ice is like a fine powder of ice that almost turns to cream with the addition of flavored syrup.

One summer my sister and I tried to make our way through the whole list of different flavors but we didn't complete it. I'm guessing we either ran out of money or gained too much weight. Or both. But it did help me narrow down my favorite flavor--rummy peach.

No wait, it's cotton candy.

Or is it mango?

Wedding cake, maybe?

No, it's definitely rummy peach.

I think.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

  1. Oh Ali, that sounds so yummy for a hot day!
    I posted about some good things in my little town too!
    Come on by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm still on my vanilla kick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the beginnings of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea...awesome (I so miss the "snow balls" we had in Louisiana growing up!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute! This is funny because my post scheduled for tomorrow features Hayden with a blue tongue... although his is blue from a fruit roll up. Neat coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum we don't have anything like that! love the tongues, a sign of some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow balls are a big deal out here in Baltimore too. The local stand opened last week too. I am not sure my kids noticed yet or they would be begging me to go. I only know because I drive past there on my way to and from work everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh. So yummy! Love the colored tongues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cantaloupe! YUM!

    I may or may not have eat one...sometimes 2...cantaloupe gelatos daily while in Vegas. Sh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!! We have a stand like that here too, but I don't think it's open yet. It's kind of out of our way, but we always go there at least once or twice every summer!!

    Love the tounges!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a shaved ice stand like that here in Hot Springs, LOVE it.

    I love the Daiquiri flavor and this rainbow one. YUM.

    Now I want a shaved ice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!