Monday, January 28, 2008

Unfortunately, I Love It, Too

It was announced last Thursday that McDonald's will also sponsor Elliott Sadler's #19 Dodge for the 2008 season. We will see the golden arches paint scheme in 6 races this year, including the Talledega race in October. This deal completes what they are calling a "trimary sponsorship" with Best Buy and Stanley Tools.

Team owner Ray Evernham was quoted as saying, "McDonald's has supported my team and my family for quite a few years now. They are more than just a sponsor, they are my friends."

Oh, Ray. I used to tell myself the same thing. But with a double quarter pounder with cheese, large fries, and a chocolate shake having 2470 calories and 99 grams of fat, they are not your friends at all.

And, yes, I did have a big mac Friday night, but that was strictly business.

Countdown to Daytona: 3 weeks.

P.S. The boys both have colds with a high fever. No school for Big pup today.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!