Tuesday, February 12, 2008

...And That's How You Get To Tall Mountain!

Sunday, while the pups visited with grandparents and great-grandmothers, I joined WD and one of his co-workers on a 4 wheeler ride. (I rode on the back while WD drove). I was hesitant about going. I didn't want to slow anyone down by stopping to take pictures and I'm not into hot dogging at all. I was hoping for a nice, leisurely Sunday ride. And, for the most part, that's what I got. There was an unfortunate moment when WD decided to exit the main road and drive through a not so shallow stream but other than that, I enjoyed it.

We took a trail up Mount Magazine which took about 4 hours, round trip. There were a couple of times when it got too steep for comfort and I got off the 4 wheeler and walked. It was also very rocky in certain areas and yesterday my back was sore all day. WD is wanting to go back in a couple of weeks but I think I'll wait until it warms up a bit before going back out again. It was more than a little chilly up there on that mountain. I do know that the next time I go, I need to make sure the batteries are fully charged in my camera.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!