Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Before you click on the video, a story...

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I recently had a panic attack. It was late at night, I was by myself, Spanglish was on TV, and all of a sudden, I started getting those first little feelings of an attack: a feeling of uneasiness, the pressure building up in my head, my heart rate starting to rise. A lot of times I'm able to stop it at this point. Something as simple as a change of scenery can work for me. For example, if I'm inside, I go outside or if I'm reading a novel, I'll switch to a cookbook. If that doesn't work then I start feeling lightheaded, the anxiety increases, my throat feels like it's closing up, and my heart continues to beat faster and faster. This is when I call WD to talk me down. Unfortunately, that night he was dealing with something involving drunken Mexicans, a chihuahua, and a car threatening to fall off a mountain. So he didn't exactly have the tme to deal with his crazy wife. Eventually, the panic subsided and everything was back to normal.

I'm not sure what brought it on. Maybe it was the fact that I was all alone in the house late at night. Maybe it was watching Adam Sandler take on a dramatic role as a successfull chef. Who knows. As long as I don't have a heart condition like the guy in the video. Roll tape.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!