Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy 67th Birthday Daddy!

See that little boy in the middle? He grew up to be the exact opposite of a lazy dog. He knows everything and can do anything. He does have one peculiar trait that I'm glad I didn't inherit though: he doesn't like sweets. Imagine never knowing the joy of chocolate cake topped with chocolate cool whip and crushed oreos. No, that's a world I'd rather not live in, thank you very much.


When he was growing up in the 1940's and '50's, all the kids at school had to eat all the food on their plates before they could leave the lunchroom. Including dessert. And as much as he hated to, the teacher would always make him finish his dessert. Then he would go outside and throw it up. And it's not just desserts he doesn't like, it's anything with a hint of sweetness to it, like spaghetti/tomato sauce or barbeque sauce. He can tolerate an ice cream sandwich, though. But only half. Half. I could eat 3. In the bathroom. With the lights out. I have dessert issues, too.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. And I'm sure you have eaten dessert in the bathroom hiding from the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true--and I believe you've done the same with food so you won't have to share with the beagle mix?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!