Monday, September 7, 2009

Kind Of About Labor, But No, It's Not Imminent

Every Labor Day weekend I'm reminded of how my youngest came to be.

It was 2003 and we were returning home from a Labor Day weekend dinner at WD's parents' house. During the car ride I starting feeling sick. Actually, not really sick but just, I don't know, unwell. Nauseous, but not gagging, just kind of hollow. I had only felt that way once before when I was pregnant with Big pup so while I tried to get our 1 1/2 year old settled down for the night, WD (God bless 'im) went back out to pick up a pregnancy test. And probably a pack of gum and some paper towels so he wouldn't look all conspicuous.

And then I took the test. And there were 2 lines. Definitely 2 lines.

And then I rejoiced. Okay, first I pointed fingers and asked how could this have happened!!! but then I rejoiced. And then I rejoiced some more. And I'm still rejoicing--I couldn't ask for better little boys!

P.S. Yes, that is THE pregnancy stick. Did anyone else keep theirs?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

  1. I still have all 3 of my sticks with the oldest being 14. It's their special boxes that they will have when they graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I rejoiced at becoming an aunt again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! I found out I was pregnant with B the day my BFF's first daughter was born. Makes it easy for me to remember the day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice labor day memory:)

    I didn't keep my tests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great memories!

    And yes, I kept both of my sticks. Glad I'm not the only weirdo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep! I still have mine! It's in the baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not alone. I too still have both tests results.

    Wishing you a scent-sational day!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have mine, I am glad to know I am not the only one that kept theirs around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I still have two. It's possibly gross but I do. And I'd love to add to it... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!