Thursday, September 17, 2009

This Stuff Is Good

Usually on Thursdays I post a recipe from cookbooks or my own personal collection, but today I want to share some recipes I've tried from some fabulous food bloggers. This stuff's good, people.

Mama Loves Food: Roasted Garlic. I had never roasted garlic before because for some reason I thought it was a long and complicated process. April's recipe shows how quick and simple it can be. I had it on toasted french bread and it was so good!

Simple Daily Recipes: Sloppy Joes. Jill's recipe has become a frequent meal for us. I use ground turkey and fix it in the crock pot for those days when work, school and soccer practice doesn't leave a lot of time to prepare dinner. Sweet potato chips make a perfect pairing and it's so inexpensive.

Keeper of the Cheerios: Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce. Miranda has the best knock-off recipe there is for OG's alfredo sauce. It tastes just like the real thing.

Keeper of the Cheerios: Cream of Potato Soup. Do I have to wait for fall to have soup? Just looking at this recipe again is making me crave it, big time. Another winner from Miranda!

Pioneer Woman: Apple Dumplings. I've never actually made these but (follow along) my husband's step-sister's husband has made them a few times for family get-togethers and OH MY. They're wonderful.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. So does that mean your husband's step-sister's husband read PW?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying hi! I want to make the sloppy joes, I have a single serving crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie--nope! He got it from a local tv station but it's the same thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, special yum on the roasted garlic and potato soup. Thanks for sharing these recipes. I'm in the process of learning how to cook and have started using a weekly meal plan, so soup will definitely make my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally figured out how to leave a comment. Loved the Pioneer Woman blog. I can really identify with her & the ranch life. Also, the alfredo sauce sounds amazing. As always I get such a kick out of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound great. I recently ran across a knockoff for Olive Garden's dressing. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMmmmmm...roasted garlic. We haven't made this in a long time, but now I am hungry for it!

    I did by some roasted garlic butter from Whole Foods recently. It was too good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!