Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Reason #114

Big Pup loves calendars. Santa brought him a Thomas & Friends calendar and he has it hanging in his room. He loves marking off the days (sometimes marking them off a week in advance), writing down everyone's birthday, and keeping track of the holidays. So he was quite aware--and prepared--for April Fool's Day.

Yesterday morning, just before 7 a.m., he got out of bed and curled up on the couch. I went into the living room to ask what he wanted for breakfast and the first thing he said to me was:

Big pup: Mommy, you have ants in your pants!
Me: What?!
Big pup: April Fool's!
Me: You're silly.
Big pup: Mommy, you have a spider on your head.
Me: (gasp)
Big pup: April Fool's!
Me: Oh, yeah? Well, today I'm taking you to the doctor and you're going to get a shot!
Big pup: (silence, then sad face. proceed to crying. hard. with tears.)
WD: (coming into the living room) What on earth did you say to him?
Me: (sputtering) April Fool's! April Fool's!
Big pup: (more crying)
Me: No doctor! No shot's! April Fool's!

Eventually he calmed down. We both agreed that it wasn't a very funny joke but he forgave me. I guess I'll know better next year.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing, I shouldnt have laughed at this. I've been reading all my blogs on my lunch hour, so not much time to comment, but I did have to comment on this. Still can't decide whether or not this is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something WD would do doesn't it? Certainly not me! And yet...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!