Monday, April 7, 2008

Texas

It's Nascar Monday! I'm in a much better mood today than I was Friday morning. I think I needed just a little bit of sunshine. Which was exactly what I got yesterday. We went for another lovely 4 wheeler ride up on Mt. Magazine and had a nice picnic by the water, saw some beautiful scenery, and WD only got mad at me once! Just one time--that's it! For the record, though, I did tell him before we even left the house that I was not going down/up jagged, rocky slopes. So there.


Since we were out 4 wheeling we missed the race yesterday. And from the reports I've read, it's just as well. It seems Elliott Sadler had an electrical problem early on, his car had no front grip, and they had trouble finding the right air pressure and chassis adjustments that could get them on the right track. He finished 26th which still puts him 20th in the standings.


After the race, his crew chief, Rodney Childers, said: "We keep trying everything we can to figure these new cars at these tracks, but we haven't come up with the proper answer. I've talked to some other crew chiefs and they say it's beyond them, too."


Really, Rodney? Because Carl Edwards has won 3 races so far which makes me think his crew chief might know something you don't. Go ask him. Please.


Carl Edwards gets the win, Jeff Gordon gets the Red Lantern (for only the second time in his career. The first? Texas '99) and we're in Phoenix Saturday night.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Good Comments about Carl Edwards Crew Chief! H'mmmm, could be some truth in that statement!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!