Friday, June 13, 2008

A Manly Poem

I braved the greeting card aisle at Walmart yesterday. I browsed through all the manly cards decorated with sailboats and golfing paraphernalia. My Dad and my husband aren't interested in either one. And although they both love fishing, I don't think they've ever used a fishing creel in their lives. So those cards were out of the question, too. I finally decided on a simple, contemporary designed card for Dad and then let the boys make their own cards for WD. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Men At Forty by Donald Justice

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. We are going with the music playing cards this year. All 3 kids LOOOOVE them. What sucks is we have to buy 3 for the hubby. Each kid will want a different song, plus they all decorate/write differently.
    I think we will make cards for the grandpas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the music cards as well, but this year my girls are into making their own cards so I will get him a card, but my girls want to make their

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- that was a beautiful poem. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!