Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sour Cream Coconut Cake

The last time I had made this cake was for WD's birthday a couple of years ago. I've really been craving it lately so Father's Day was the perfect excuse to make it again. This cake needs to be prepared a couple of days in advance. That way, the sour cream has time to mellow out and not taste so 'sour creamy'. Which means, if you have a 4 year old like I do, you get to hear "I want cake! I want cake!" for 2 days straight.



Sour Cream Coconut Cake


1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients on back of box)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 (8 oz) container extra creamy cool whip
3 cups coconut, divided use


Bake cake according to package instructions using 2 (9 inch) cake pans; cool.
In a bowl, mix by hand powdered sugar, vanilla, sour cream and cool whip. Save a small amount of coconut for sprinkling on top of cake. Stir remaining coconut into icing. Spread between cake layers. Sprinkle reserved coconut on top. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. oh, that looks amazingly good!!! I can almost taste it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok it looks delicious, can you just box it up and ship it to me? LOL I will have to make this for our next get together we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks delicious - thanks for the recipe!

    I'm Kellan, btw - nice to meet you. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, thanks for stopping by! Second of all, didn't you read that I'm trying to lose my third buttock??? Woman, you shouldn't have done this...now I just gotta make this cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking cake! Thanks for the tip about preparing it ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! I finished the last piece today:) Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!