Friday, June 20, 2008

Shimmy

Okay, I need to add one more random thing about me to yesterdays meme: I LOVE that show Shimmy. Have you ever seen it? It's not really a show but an instructional belly dancing series on Fit TV. It's completely mesmerizing and I'm so envious of the dancers. WD hates it when he catches me watching it because I'll wonder aloud "why can't I look like that?" and he has the misfortune of pointing out the empty package of Oreos that's right beside me on the couch.

Belly Dancer by Diane Wakoski

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

  1. "Awakening too much desire"!!!!!! That's what I'm going with. That's why I haven't lost the weight. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem, and I'll have to look for the Shimmy show. Hubby will love it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of it, but I do have fit tv so I will have to check it out. When does it come on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue--yes, I DARE my husband to ever ask me why I don't exercise again!

    Merrie--He will say he doesn't like it but will be glued to the tv!

    Tollesons4him--It comes on at noon central time but it turns out Mr. Rogers is much more popular with 6 and 4 years olds so I catch it on Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen shimmy but then again I don't think I have fit tv!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to learn how to do that! I have never seen the show, but we have that channel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!