Thursday, June 5, 2008

Traveling Money

I few years ago when we were still living in Benton (AR), I had stopped at Sonic to get...something...who knows. It was a long time ago. Although, it would be a safe bet to say it was a Frito Chili Pie Wrap and a Cherry Dr. Pepper. As part of my change, I got back a one dollar bill with the words http://www.wheresgeorge.com/ written on it. I had heard about this website before. It was started back in 1998 and tracks dollar bills as they travel throughout the country.

Well, I meant to register it with the site but never got around to it so I tucked it in the back of my pocketbook for safekeeping. So 3 years and many chili pie wraps later, I dragged out that dollar and signed up on the website. Turns out my bill was from Mayflower, Arkansas, which really isn't that far from Benton.

So to give it more of a push, WD and I drove to Fort Smith this past weekend and I gave it to a waitress at The Olive Garden. Because she gave me Chicken Gnocchi. And because she didn't get too mad when we switched tables halfway through the meal. And because it wasn't her fault that the condensation from the air conditioning vent was dripping on me. And because she gave us extra Andes mints. I love those mints.

Hopefully someone won't wait 3 years to submit it online like I did.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that is very cool! I will have to look out for that. Usually, I am spending it so fast, I never stop to look at what is on it!

    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, no one has submitted it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! I also love seeing American money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is neat! I love Andes Mints too and I love those Frito Chili pie things to! If you lived closer we could definitely eat together!!!

    BTW, we got one of those pools I see on your flckr pics this year. I wish the slide was big enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!