Monday, July 14, 2008

Chicago

Angie's talking about her favorite summertime shoes over at my pretty purse today. Check it out!

A few good things happened this past Saturday: I got a much needed haircut, my sister came to visit for the day, and there was a night race in Chicago. I just love it when they finish under the lights. Maybe that's why I like going to the November race in Texas so much. It ends at night, too. There's just something about the sun setting on a race track.

Have you ever watched the National Anthem being performed on tv and had to change the channels because it was so embarrassingly bad? That's what I did for this race. Sorry Gavin DeGraw (can I get a collective "who?")

I don't know, I just didn't find this race very exciting. Yeah, Busch and Johnson fought for the win on the last lap, but, whatevs. Elliott Sadler did a good job though. He started 26th and finished 12th. That moves him up 2 spots to number 23 in the standings. I'm happy with that. Know what else I'm happy with? My new haircut! Look for pics on Wednesday.

Kyle Busch gets the win, Michael McDowell gets the red lantern, and Nascar is taking this coming weekend off. Gearing up for Indy.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the new haircut, I know it looks cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this race with my hubby and thought of you the whole time. :) Looked for Elliot, too. My son was happy that the "mnm car" won. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with you, the National Anthem was not good this time! but, I enjoyed the race, so many struggles for first place, not many bad wrecks, just a couple of scrapes. I did not see what happened to Dale jnr, what caused him to slide way back, when he was running 2nd for so long? I was thrilled about Elliot Sadler's performance!
    When are we going to see your new hair cut?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, no Nascar post next Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame, I look forward to Monday's now, just to read your blog on the Nascar race! Since they started running them on Saturday nights lately, I have sometimes mistaken, sunday for a monday!
    (previous post that I deleted had a typo!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see a pic of the haircut also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tollesons4him--everytime I get a haircut I always wonder why I keep putting it off, I love it!

    Merrie--did you also think of me sacked out on the couch eating a king size snickers bar? 'Cause I was!

    Judy--Never fear, Jr is still 2nd in points!

    Angie--I'll have to think of something for next Monday's post!

    Kristen--I just need to get my butt in gear and clear off my memory card in my camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!