Tuesday, July 29, 2008

R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A.

Look what I got! The awesome Jenn over at The Peacock's Nesting Place gave this to me. Jenn has just moved back to the United States after spending a year in England with her family. And as soon as she gets finished unpacking, she'll start blogging about her adventures here. But no more pictures of castles, unfortunately. Thanks again, Jenn!

Remember back in early July, everyone in the blogosphere put up pictures and videos of their Independence Day activities? Yeah, well, I just got around to putting together a slideshow of our Fourth of July celebration so lets just pretend that it's actually July 5, that August does not begin this week, and that I am not a procrastinator. Okay?

Here's some pictures of the family, food, and fireworks accompanied by the music of Johnny Cougar, John Cougar, John Cougar Mellencamp, John Mellencamp. Also known as my boyfriend in 1988.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

  1. That was a great video of 4th July!
    Great picturs of the boys, and your family, and all that wonderful food!! I didn't know their was such a variety of fireworks! Must try that again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video. I especially love the photo of the boys walking thru the grass, beautiful. And of course it is July 5th, did someone tell you different?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a a great video you put together and I love John Cougar Mellancamp Great choice of song too.
    R.O.C.K in the U.S.A
    R.O.C.K in the U.S.A
    now I'm going to be singing this all day!! Thanks Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the first year that Little Pup enjoyed it and Big Pup kept saying how much fun he was having. That was nice - can't wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great video and yeah for you getting an award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 5th of July! Wasn't yesterday fun? Great pictures -- looks like you all had a blast.

    PS I tagged you today in a MeMe -- hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy--Thanks!

    Renee--I love that pic because it's so Little House on the Prairie!

    LeAnn--Finally, another JCM fan!

    Angie--I hope we were that excited when we were little and not little gloom and dooms:)

    Kristen--Thanks, two times:)

    Merrie--Wow, yesterday was so exhausting! Thanks for the tag:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My children would be so jealous if I showed them all these fireworks! We didn't do fireworks this year for the first time and they complained and whined so much...we did buy them each a box of snap-n-pops...somehow not quite the same...those papers are still floating all over my yard...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the video, what a great stash you had of fun fireworks!

    I love JCM too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth--That's the worst part-cleaning up! I dread when they get interested in bottle rockets. Ugh.

    Rebecca--Yay-another JCM fan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!