Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm It!

Recently, I was tagged by a few of my fellow mommy bloggers to do a meme listing 6 of my random, boring, unspectacular quirks. At first I was a little offended because, well, I have no quirks. I'm perfect. Just ask WD. He always tells me, "Oh, I forgot, you're perfect." So what if it's always during an argument. It still counts, right?

Wrong! Oh, I've got me some quirks, alright. And here's 6 of them. Thanks to Dawn (Dawn's Daily Life), Jennifer (Happily-Ever-After-Land), and Merrie (Sleepless Mornings) for the tag!




  1. I don't really like to touch food with my fingers while eating. It makes me feel, I don't know, greasy or messy or something. Ugh. Even when I eat pizza I use a knife and fork.

  2. After I read a book, it takes me awhile to start a new one. Particularly if it was a good book. I have to take time to mourn the loss of the characters.

  3. I've really tried to like coffee--black, no sugar, no cream. It smells so good and seems like the grown up thing to do. But I just don't like it. Now add equal parts milk and a couple of ounces of flavored syrup and serve it over ice, that's another story.

  4. I've jumped into the 21st century by paying bills online but I still opt to have my bills sent to me by mail. I'm not ready to go completely paperless.

  5. This may be un-American of me but I don't like going to the movies. Unless it's a matinee and the theater is fairly empty. I don't like sitting next to strangers, sharing an armrest, the collective laughter and sniffles, the spontaneous applause, and the crinkling of wrappers during quiet moments. Yep. I'll stick to matinees.

  6. Onions make me cry. Big time. I can't cut an onion without stopping halfway, blindly throwing my knife down, and running around the kitchen fanning my eyes to make them stop stinging and tearing up. It's like I just got finished watching Titanic. I don't know how Rachel Ray does it.

Tag! You're it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the no touching food, but I don't like coffee no matter how you make it. This makes me sad too, because I absolutely love the smell of coffee. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you, I LOVE the smell of coffee but just can't take the taste of it. I too like my bills sent to me in the mail but pay most of them online. This was fun, now I know more about you wink wink....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take a day off work just to go to the movies if it's something I have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe! Finally broke down and did it, huh? I've got some of your same quirks, actually. Except the movies one. I like being in a full theater during a comedy and having everybody laugh. It seems like the movie's funnier if others are laughing too. And I can laugh louder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha we have several of the same quirks. I have to get bills in the mail ~ can't handle email notifications for that. Love the smell of coffee, but can't understand why it doesn't taste as good as it smells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you for 2-4! And I don't drink straight coffee, either. I'm only able to stand it if I'm in a nice restaurant and I drink it with dessert. Otherwise, give me Starbucks any day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, LeAnn, Monica, & Merrie--I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't like coffee! And isn't it a shame because it's so cheap compared to espresso drinks?!

    Angie--And then you have to hope no one else had the same idea!

    Jennifer--My husband loves to go to the movies too and he can't stand that particular quirk of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a fan of the movies either. It seems so dirty and full of germs. I mean really, whose head was resting there before you put yours there??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dropping by to check out your piece of blogger reality! I am the same way with bills, I need to hold them in my hand, make sure they are right, and than I will pay online! LOL

    Thanks for stopping by to visit with me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I hated coffee too until a few years ago, and found out that I like it black but with TONS of sugar (especially a little bit of undissolved sugar at the very end, to savor with the last sip). I still can't stand it with milk in, unless it's either a great cappuccino or a mocha (the chocolate makes all the difference!). Thanks for checking my list out too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can truly relate to your book comment. My other issue is that I want to eat the same types of food that the characters are eating. If it's an historical romance set in the South, I've got to break out the cornbread, if it's a book about geisha, I'm into rice.

    My husband makes so much fun of me. And now it seems my children have the same affliction!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kat--I didn't even think about the germs! Okay, now I'm really not going to the movies!

    Tena--We're the old folks that just can't get our other foot out of the 20th century!

    Kaza--Yes, chocolate makes ALL the difference:)

    Elizabeth--I just realized that I am craving home grown veggies since I've been reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I can empathize w/ the theater experience. I especially HATE it when people talk to the screen. Stop it already!!! Or the people who laugh hysterically at scenes - I find it makes that moment really cheesy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!