Friday, July 25, 2008

Go Fish

It's Poetry Friday! Sometimes while searching for a particular poem I'll come across another one, totally different in style and subject, and jot it down for a future PF post. While searching for poems about fish (I took the boys to an aquarium Tuesday), I somehow came across this poem by Jo McDougall. It has absolutely nothing to do with fish. But it really speaks to me. It says that I'm easily distracted. And it also brings to mind people, leaders, followers, expectations, disappointments, fantasy, reality, magic, logic, and truth.

What We Need by Jo McDougall

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

  1. I love reading all the poems you choose to post. Thanks for sharing these. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged! See my post here http://happilyeverafterland.typepad.com/happilyeverafterland/2008/07/the-peace-proce.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading all your poems! Have a great weekend! I left you an award on my page @ www.bobandjenns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeAnn--Awww, thanks! Sometimes I wonder if I'm being a nerd!

    Jennifer--I'm it?! Thanks!

    Jenn--Thank you! Now get back to work unpacking boxes, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the poem! And, no, you are not at all nerdy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful poem. Gives me a chance to do what I like best. Think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. if only i could write some cool poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy--If you say so:)

    Celeste--It's a nice break from reading Thomas the Tank Engine!

    Kristen--Get in line! Mine would end up sounding silly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the poem - it reminded me (in the literal sense) of Water for Elephants. But I get the deeper meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love your poems, they give me perspective in the few moments of silence I get.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue--I've got that book on my shelf and I can't wait to read it! I've heard a lot of good things about it.

    Brittany--Thanks Brittany! I admit that while typing I sometimes lapse into Dr. Suess!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!