Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Clipping Coupons

One of my least favorite chores to do is grocery shopping. The 20 minute drive by interstate, the traffic lights, the traffic, the searching for a parking space, the shopping carts with the one wheel that doesn't work, the arguments between the boys over who's sitting where in the cart, and the other shoppers taking their own sweet time deciding whether they want a can of chili with beans or without. It's too much. I try and get everything I need for at least a week so I don't have to make too many trips.

The other day I decided to stock up on all the non food items we need to get us through a couple of months (or more). So I sent my tireless, hardworking, productive husband off to work some overtime at a Mexican nightclub to get a little extra cash breaking up fights and keeping the peace. And I stayed home, watched a Jon and Kate Plus 8 marathon, and clipped coupons.

But not just any coupons. I only cut out the ones for products that I normally use. I gathered them all up, took them to Walmart a few days later, and look at all the stuff I got (above picture). Before coupons: $111.56 After coupons: $90.44 That's a savings of $21.12!

And don't feel too sorry for WD:

That's the Latin singer Carmen Jara. And that's an awfully big smile on WD's face. Don't you think?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. I don't say this to make you jealous, but I sincerely appreciate having a wonderful grocery store two blocks from our house. We just walk down there and get things as we need them. It wasn't always that way, so I get where you're coming from.

    And I thought he restrained the smile nicely in the picture. It's the hand in the pocket you want to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I save a lot w/ coupons! You mean your kiddos sit in the cart? Mine stands up and unhooks the safety strap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Blog! Great ideas for saving on grocery coupons! Checkout our online deals at www.halfpricebob.com let me know if you want to swap links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just prefer shopping through online coupons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!