Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crockpot Chili

My last 4 food posts have been desserts so how 'bout a little protein, okay? How 'bout a big bowl of chili? I know, I know, chili recipes are like blogs--everybody's got one. But this one's my favorite. It's chunky with just the right amount of spices. And there's no standing around a hot stove since it's fixed in a slow-cooker. A definite plus this summer. Enjoy!


Crockpot Chili


1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 TBS chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 can water


Brown ground beef. While beef is browning add rest of ingredients to crock pot. Add cooked beef and stir. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

  1. I have got to get over my bean phobia and try that, it looks so yummy with the sour cream dolloped on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good and it looks really easy to make. I love chili in the fall so I will save this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yummy! I love chili but hubby doesn't and said he will eat it if it doesn't have beans in it, hello it isn't chili w/ out beans in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm look scrumptious!!
    I am going to try that soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a very similar recipe and it's always a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy I need to try this my hubby looooves chili and he saw the picture and said "Your gonna make that right" lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!