Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy St. Elizabeth Of Portugal Feast Day

Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!--the most uninteresting kids show in the universe, well, second to Yo Gabba Gabba--has taken over my television so I'm not able to watch the news anymore. During the school year, NPR kept me caught up with what was going on in the world. But since school let out, I really don't have a clue what's going on in the news. So you may be surprised as I am to learn that today is a holiday. Yep. It seems that today is Independence Day. 232 years ago, the Declaration of Independence was signed, thereby banning afternoon tea, soccer, and Cadbury Crunchie bars. Fortunately, we Americans are a resourceful bunch and have made do with Dr. Pepper, the WWE, and Big Macs.

Happy Birthday America!

And now, the BEST rendition of the national anthem ever:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. A great rendition of the National Anthem! Happy Independence Day! It is very stormy down here in our neck of the woods. By the way, in case you hadn't noticed, Afternoon teas, soccer, and Crunchie bars, are slowly making a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another question: What is St. Elizabeth of Portugal Feast Day? I guess it happens on the 4th July as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, my husband and I were just talking the other day about tht being the best rendition of the National Anthem!! Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us Americans are resourceful, huh? :)
    Hope you had a fun 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!